Edward M. Bernstein
Edward M. Bernstein
out of 5
- Personal Injury
- Workers’ Compensation
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1977
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1977
- Edward M. Bernstein & Associates, President, 1977–present
- Municipal Court, City of North Las Vegas, Judge Pro Tem, 1986–1988
- Municipal Court, City of Las Vegas, Judge Pro Tem, 1984–1994
- Widener University School of Law, JD – Juris Doctor, 1975
- Long Island University, BA – Bachelor of Arts, 1971
- National Trial Lawyers Association, 2010–present
- American Trial Lawyers Association, 1977–present
- Clark County Bar Association, 1977–present
- Nevada Justice Association, 1977–present
- Nevada State Bar, 1977–present
Awards and Recognition:
- Inductee of hall of fame, 2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2008
- Professionalism Award, 1997
- Community Service Award, 1994
- Community Achievement Award, 1992
- Honorary Recognition, 1986
Attorney Profile: Edward M. Bernstein, Esq. is one of the most recognizable figures in Nevada and one of the state’s premier personal injury attorneys. He has also served as an alternate judge for the City of Las Vegas Municipal Court, and as an alternate judge for the City of North Las Vegas. In the year 2000, he was Nevada’s Democratic nominee for the United States Senate.
One of Mr. Bernstein’s most notable accomplishments is his television show, simply entitled the Ed Bernstein Show. He has proudly hosted it for over 25 years, and it has since become the longest-running show in Nevada’s history and still airs every Sunday.
In 1971, Ed received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Long Island University and in 1975, his Juris Doctor from Widener Law School. In 1977, Ed began his law career in Vegas. He began first in the public defender’s office and later became the owner of his own firm, Ed Bernstein & Associates. The firm has flourished into a strong business that assists people with their personal injury cases every single day. From the beginning, Ed has fought against large companies on the behalf of good people. He has helped his clients understand their rights and stood against the powerful insurance industry. Thousands of people have been helped by Ed and his team of professional personal injury lawyers.
His beliefs and moral stance have greatly helped shape his career path. Ed has a lifelong commitment fighting bigotry, bias and racism. For years, he has worked with MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving), developing the first Red Ribbon campaign and producing many public service announcements.
Today, Mr. Bernstein resides in the Las Vegas area, where he still runs the Ed Bernstein Show, as well as the Ed Bernstein & Associates personal injury law firm. He has become a notable public figure and continues to be an inspiration to those around him.
Contact Information: Edward M. BernsteinEdward M. Bernstein & Associates
500 S Fourth Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Telephone: (702) 410-6566
Edward M. Bernstein Launches Revolutionary New Feature Filled Car Accident App
To prevent this from happening, Las Vegas injury and accident lawyer Ed Bernstein has created a new app that will record all the information necessary, as well as offering other essential functions after a crash. The new app includes a wide range of … …read more Honorable Michael A. Cherry receives Jurisprudence Award by the Anti-Defamation League of Nevada
The event was sponsored by Barrick Gold, Bank of Nevada, Kemp, Jones & Coulthard, Garman Turner Gordon, Station Casinos, Jolly, Urga, Woodbury & Little, Edward M. Bernstein & Associates, Marshall Retail Group, William S. Boyd School of Law, South Point Hotel Casino and …read more THE 2000 CAMPAIGN: A NEVADA RACE; Democratic Senate Seat Is Anything but Secure
And someone did emerge. Edward M. Bernstein stepped forward after two leading Democrats, Bob Miller, a former governor, and Frankie Sue Del Papa, the state attorney general, declined to run. And Mr. Bernstein carried the kind of name recognition that …read more
Personal Injury Lawyer Las Vegas, Attorney Ed Bernstein: How To Tips for Car Accidents
Edward Bernstein and Associates wants to make sure you’re prepared, should an unfortunate accident occur. We’ve composed the top ten car accident checklist, to make sure you are aware of the steps that you should take following an accident. Being aware the points included in this list will prove to be a valuable asset in the outcome of your incident. Following these simple steps will make for a smoother experience at the scene of the accident and build a more powerful case. It’s a great idea to print those pages and keep it in your glove box especially for young drivers who maybe too startled to act in an effective manner .Please be aware that there’s consequences that may affect you later down the road.
1. Stop! In the event of an accident stop your vehicle and if possible move to the side of the road, out of traffic and turn off the ignition
2. Stay calm. This may be easier said than done, however remaining calm is essential in being in being able to accurately assess and handle the reality of that situation.
3. Do not take the responsibility. This maybe the most important thing to remember. If you’re in an accident never admit to fault, never accept responsibility and never agree to pay any damages. Do not sign any papers or in any way insinuate that you are at fault. Assigning fault is the insurance company’s job, not yours.
4. Call 911. Call the police. They are responsible for handling interaction between you and any other drivers or passengers involved. The police officer will take down witness statements, file an accident report. And you’ll need to obtain a copy of your accident report later for your insurance claim.
5. Check for injuries and intoxication. Once the police have been called check yourself for injuries and depending on the severity of the situation, check others involved. Be aware and affirm whether you suspect the possibility of intoxication or influence of any illegal drugs or medications.
6. Take pictures. Take as many pictures as possible at the site of this accident. You should take pictures of your own vehicle, other vehicles involved and any injuries sustained.
7. Exchange information. Following an accident you should exchange the following information with other parties – name, address, telephone number, email address, insurance company policy number, driver’s license, license plate number and make of the car.
8.Call an experienced attorney. You should contact our office as soon as possible following your accident. Our experienced attorneys will guide you through this difficult process and help you think of a wide of circumstances that otherwise could be overlooked. If you overlooked this, possibly it will cost you a substantial amount of money and negatively impact your claim.
9. Know what your car insurance covers. Be aware of what your insurance policy covers, specifically you want to know if your insurance covers the cost of towing and rental cars.
10. Be ready to fight for your rights. Unfortunately car accidents are a fact of life that most people experience at one time or another. Knowing what steps to take and what your rights are will make a consequential difference in outcome of your experience.
A dedicated and experienced car accident attorneys such as the attorneys at our firm can navigate you through the trying times following an accident and will work hard to get you a compensation that you are entitled to.
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
SIGN UP for a FREE Consultation with a Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney