Welcome to VegasAttorneys.Info, the #1 site for finding a Las Vegas attorney. Whether your situation involves a personal injury, vehicle accident, crime, divorce, bankruptcy or other, there is an attorney listed that can help. This site contains the latest news, information and reviews on law firms and lawyers operating within Las Vegas and surrounding Clark County. Every attorney listed is an active member with the Nevada Bar Association. Our goal is to help you select the best attorney that is right for your needs. Start by making a selection on the side bar or filling out a request for a FREE Initial Consultation.
LAS VEGAS ATTORNEY STATISTICS
- There are more than 4500 lawyers in Clark County that are considered active members of the Nevada State Bar with the majority in private practice.These lawyers are located in Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Boulder City, Mesquite, Logandale, Laughlin, Couyote Springs, Moapa and Nellis Air Force Base.
- The average age of an active member is 44 years old but ranges from 24 to 96.
- The average years in practice in Nevada is 12 years.
CHOOSING AN ATTORNEY
1. Ask Your Friends and Family
Get referrals from your friends, family and even colleagues for attorneys they have used before. Make sure the attorneys are specialized in the same type of case you are facing.
2. Check Online References
The attorney ratings on this website are based on analysis of data aggregated from multiple sources to provide the most accurate evaluation of the attorney. There are other online attorney resources that you can use to learn about attorneys you are interested in interviewing. Here are just a few:
- Martindale-Hubbell – Contains profiles for over one million lawyers and firms in the United States, Canada and 160 other countries.
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) – The American Association for Justice’s mission is to promote a fair and effective justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
- AVVO.com – Their mission is to help people make the best decisions for their important legal needs.
3. Contact the Current and Past Presidents of the State and Local Bar Association
- Nevada Bar Association – Francis C. Flaherty (2012), Constance L. Akridge (2011), Cam Ferenbach (2010)
- Clark County Bar Association – Kari L. Stephens (2012), Zachariah Larson (2011), A. Wayne Carter (2010)
LAS VEGAS COMMUNITY LAW RESOURCES
While we don’t recommend going to court on your own, If you are interested in learning about proceeding without legal representation, here are some links to low cost and free legal resources:
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
A nonprofit law firm dedicated to providing civil legal services to the community of Clark County since 1958.
Civil Law Self-Help Center, Regional Justice Center
The Civil Law Self-Help Center (CLSHC) provides self-help legal information to those wishing to represent themselves in civil matters in the Clark County court system.
Nevada Legal Services
A non-profit organization providing free legal services to low income Nevadans. NLS is a state wide organization assisting every county in Nevada.